The first few weeks flew by - tons of errands, a wedding in Halifax, turning 29. However, now that I have my days and nights free to continue as established, I am finding it harder to keep myself occupied. Most of you know that I cannot sit still for very long - "relaxation" is not a part of my day to day life.
The number one question that I am asked by everyone I come into contact with is: have you found a job yet?
My answer is NO. And NO I am not looking.
I have always been an advocate for self-employment. In recent months I have even joked about "when I start my own company" or "I don't want to work for anyone else ever again". So when I (ahem) lost (ahem) my job last month I called my own bluff. If I am going to change my life, why not change it RIGHT NOW?
Brianne's Top 5 Reasons to become an Entrepreneur
- I am eligible for Employment Insurance benefits. The government is going to pay me to stay at home for 9 months. What else am I going to do with my time?
- Evan is moving in next month. More time together for planning and getting excited about our future together.
- Evan and I have decided together that we need to leave Ottawa post haste. We have known since day 1 that we were never going to settle here. So why are we still here?
- I will never be any younger than I am today.
- Why not? If we're going to achieve greatness we better get crackin'!
Are we scared? Holy Shit!
Can we do it? Fuck Yeah!
Great risks yield great rewards. Being handed an opportunity is just step one. Taking it is a whole different story.