Thursday, March 13, 2008

The one that got away...


DSC00355
Originally uploaded by briannecyr
I grew up in Sudbury - the Tim Horton's capital of Canada. The RRRoll Up the Rim to Win promotion for Sudburians is like what welfare day is to residents of East Hastings - a complete crackfest.

Over the years I have sipped my "double doubles" anxiously awaiting the moment when I can sink my teeth into the waxed paper edging... only to find out that I have been told to "PLAY AGAIN!"

Play again?! No matter how many times we curse and complain that we never win, we still play again, because the lip of the lid told us so. I am currently on a 2 year losing streak.... I believe Good 'Ol Tim has cursed me!

You can imagine my surprise yesterday morning when I rolled up my rim to find THIS! The curse was broken!

In fact, I was SOOO excited that I completely forgot to tear off the tab so that I could claim my prize, and threw the cup in the garbage.

I realized my error when I was standing in line at Tim Horton's this morning. I recoiled in horror as I realized that a) I didn't want to dig around in the office garbage can and b) that the cleaning staff had come overnight.

When I rolled my rim this morning, it told me to "Play Again"

Destiny.

No comments: