Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rocking Out

So I realize that I have been M.I.A lately... and I have only one excuse. Well maybe two. I have been ridiculously busy at work, and have been spending nearly all of my free time either knitting or playing with this:



At Easter I played rockband with my brother and his girlfriend for hours on end - and I had been begging Evan to stop at Future Shop so I could buy this bad boy for myself and he kept telling me that I shouldn't rush out and buy it.

Little did I know that the bugger had been secretly plotting to surprise me with it. I came home a few friday's ago to find that Evan had snuck into my apartment with Rock Band while I was at work. Naturally I set it up immediately, cracked a bottle of white and got straight to work. Twelve hours later I thought that perhaps it was time to get some rest. My foot was numb and my contacts were dry.

So if you're wondering where I am - you will find me in front of my TV with my xbox 360 banging some sticks, fingering some solos and wailing some tunes. Sometimes all by myself. ha!

I hear that my dad is getting pretty good at the game too... perhaps a Cyr Family tour is in order?

1 comment:

Allison said...

There's no shame in being a one-woman band. Remember when we went with Chantal to the 1500 pub to see the one-man band??